This Set contains photo etched parts which are special constructed engine ventilation grills.
On the original screen used 5 foot model of the Millennium Falcon they used KOOLSHADE material for the engine ventilation grills on the upper hull.
I tried to replicate this material in 1/43 scale. The result are realistic angled lamellas to show the typical look of the original (see pictures).
• 6 big round grills (diameter: 42,5 mm)
• 1 small round grill for for the opening on the right side (diameter: 13,7 mm)
• 1 small round grill for for the opening on the left side (diameter: 13,25 mm)
• 1 small round grill for for the opening on the left side (diameter: 16,4 mm)
• 1 small long cockpit grill (length: 192,7 mm)
• various thin stripes to fix the lamellas for all grills in angled position
• 0,1 mm copper wire for fixing (sewing technique) the thin stripes in the lamellas
size of the photo etched: 0,1 mm x 235 mm x 120 mm
The lamellas have to be turned/angled with a tapered tweezers.
Then you have to pull the pertinent small strips through the holes of the lamellas.
At least you have to fix the stripes to the lamellas with the copper wire with a “sewing technique”.
The photoetch parts are for builders with advanced modeling skills!
This set also comes with 6 resin fans!
To use the grilles, you have to edit the DeAgostini parts/rings. I’ve made a tutorial with photos to show how it works.